Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Skinmanager 6.1 and Radio Editor 2 with radio stations logos support

SKINMANAGER 6.1

It's finally here! This new version of skinmanager bring a new interface with a better layout.
It has been under developement for almost half a year and now it is ready to be shown.
The main functions are still the same as the old style but many bugs has been cleared, the usabilty has been greatly improved. 
This is not my work but  mainly the work of a very good friend that i will never thank enough for all the hours he spent on it. I really like the result and i'm sure you all will like it too.
 

HOW TO UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
If you have enabled the AutoUpdate feature in the skinmanager settings, it will update skinmanager at next run.
Otherwise, simply go in skintool to update skinmanager.

NOTE: I recommend to first update Skinmanager and olny after that  update the skins.
The unlock code is still the same.

 RADIO EDITOR 2

Radio Editor has been totally re-written from scratch, making it simpler to use and with more functions:
- A Radio station  can be now assigned to a button just clicking on a numbered "Star"
- Text edit is easyer with keyboard automatic toggle
- Text can be enabled\disabled
- You can now assign a Logo\Icon to a button, selecting it from an internal repository
- Also the logos can be enabled\disabled
- All the skins are updated in one shot 



These are the informations that you need to know to be able to use the logos correctly:
1.The logos (for now) can be used only in skins 2, 5 and 6.
2. Skins 3 and 4 still use the labels only assignement.

3. Skins2 (android) and  Skin5 (Carplay) use logos/icons in the png format with a dimension of 120x90 pixels.
    Skin6 (mydean) need png with a dimension of 120x70 pixels.
4. Logos are saved on sdcard in the folder \Skinmanager\Bookmarks. During first install the logos are copied in the unit too.
5. Radio stations Logos can be downloaded from wolkswagen site at this url (just select your Nation and download the zip file):
6. Once downloded extract the zip file in a sub-folder of \Skinmanager\Bookmarks\  on sdcard. Run Radio Editor and update the internal repository with the "Refresh" button
7. To assign the logos to your Bookmarked stations buttons, hold your finger on a Station in the list and a selection window will pop up.
8. If the "Show Icons" toggle switch is disabled, the skin will use the "old style" buttons with labels
  
9. Enabling the "Show Labels" toggle will display the name of the station over the button allowing you to use blank buttons


OTHER ADDITIONS IN THIS RELEASE

As i said Skin6  now have radio station icons too but it has also a couple of more apps: Single Player and the file manager CECMD

 Here is  (a partial) the changelog:
20.02.2017
- Added some smaller empty bookmarks (120x70) for skin6
19.02.2017
- Added radio icons to skin6
- Added SinglePlayer and cecmd to skin6 apps
- Fixed Skin1 theme bug
05.02.2017
- RadioEditor opens png files with any name, any size (it's not resizing them!)
02.02.2017
- Added in  Themer,  Skin1 radio buttons
Changed in skin5 default radio bookmarks with "old style"
Little fix in skin2 Next/Prev radio buttons behaviour
- Fixed all Radio buttons, bookmarks, arrows etc.. in Skin2
24.01.2017
- For RadioEditor to install (and MirrorLink as well) the system need to be patched. If the system can't be patched when RaEd or ML is called for the 1st time, a notification will pop up.
15.01.2017
- Introduced RadioEditor v2.3
14.01.2017
- Added clock to Skin5 audio player
- Fixed dots in skin2 home time
- Updated mirrorlink with ios 10.2 fix
10.01.2017
- Introduced Skinmanager 6.1

 


 ----------


TO BUY MY SKINS AND SOFTWARE
PLEASE VISIT MY SITE



If you already have it, you can find the update in my gdrive folder.





50 comments:

  1. Hello Kotix

    Congrats on the new release work of art as usual loving it.....RESPECT
    one question how to apply over the old version especially i notice complete change? i mean does it simply update or is it a complete reinstall from scratch?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In skinmanager settings if you enable the AutoUpdate, it will update skinmanager at next run.
      Otherwise go in skintool to update skinmanager first.
      After that you fan update the skins.

      Delete
  2. +1 for me about the method. Also should we use the same skinstall.code ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In skinmanager settings if you enable the AutoUpdate, it will update skinmanager at next run.
      Otherwise go in skintool to update skinmanager first.
      After that you fan update the skins.
      Skinstall.code is the dame ;)

      Delete
    2. In skinmanager settings if you enable the AutoUpdate, it will update skinmanager at next run.
      Otherwise go in skintool to update skinmanager first.
      After that you fan update the skins.
      Skinstall.code is the same ;)

      Delete
  3. I like your stars, along with the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear logic
    I set skinmanager to auto update replaced the old version with new one and ran skinmaneger but it shoes error and on top skin manger loading and nothing happens and have to restart unit to get it to work any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that the upgrade is in someway buggy. We are looking for a solution. If you prefer to don't wait you can flash the fw and start all over.

      Delete
  5. Dear kotix
    i did like you said and flashed fw and reinstalled skin manager....
    great work as usual, loving the new radio editor but two things missing from the new beautiful interface
    the ability to edit the freq. of the station and the option to add new station if not present in channel list although they were present in the radio editor old interface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm.. ok. I write down this on out "To do list"
      ;)

      Delete
  6. Hello Kotix,
    today I also did the upgrade, but I did not succeed, error occurred in the update, I copied the skinmanager folder to SD as I always did, but it has an error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you using the 01.03.2017 version of the skinpack?

      Can you send me a picture of the error?

      Delete
    2. I Kotix, i have the skin Pack 2+5_21.02.17... is a bug on this version?

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Use the newer, we fixed some small things in it.

      Delete
    5. I have some the version from 21_02_17 on my gdrive, where can I download the New version?

      Delete
    6. I have some the version from 21_02_17 on my gdrive, where can I download the New version?

      Delete
  7. Hello Kotix. Thank you for your work. I have tried multiple times updating the skin manager, but still no luck. Should I download the package from your drive and try it that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you using the 01.03.2017 version of the skinpack?

      Can you send me a picture of the error?

      Delete
    2. No sir. I am using your current released skinpack.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I by mistake deleted my post. I am not using 01.03.2017. I used Skinpack6 21.02.2017. I am currently unzipping it again to another sd card to see if i get the error again. I will shoot you an email with the picture if that helps.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Good morning Kotix
    I already managed to install the 21.02.2017 by reflashing FW and installing the skinpackbecause the update was buggy
    now i see there is a 01.03.2017 does this have any thing new or is it only to solve the update bug
    i.e. do i have to install it or i am all set?
    thanx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did this version add more editing features to the radio editor like the add new station or editing freq. for already existing one?

      Delete
    2. No more features, just fixes in skinmanager and some small ones in radioeditor.
      The new features that you mentioned are almost ready though.. ;)

      Delete
    3. Waiting eagerly my friend i need this feature to add my favourite station which unfortunately doesn`t show in channel list and i don`t know a way to add it manually ...so fingures crossed :)

      Delete
    4. Hi Khaled, we added the feature you have requested :)
      I will make a new release probably next week ;)

      Delete
  10. Dear Kotix

    In skin 2 are you planning to theme the dvd -cd menu? Is still in the old s100 interface.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your last upg is excellent, everything works perfectly. You are great.
    thank you

    ps
    probably I buy something from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I've a S150 with Android. Can I switchback to WinCE and apply this skinmanager? Tks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry... my unit is S100 converted to S150 (Android).

      Delete
  13. This gets more and more amazing with each release. Thank you for all your work on this product!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi KoTiX,
    Once I buy this firmware, can I have free upgrade for your new versions?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, updates are free.
      If I'll ever make a new skin, it will not be free.

      Delete
  15. Hi kotix, this upgrade solves it out the audio issues when using easy connect? I still don't know how to connect my phone by USB and hear contents from the unit speakers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Kotix. Thank you for your work, is it possible to play music from telephone to the s100 with spotify??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use Bluetooth audio streaming for that and if you like also use mirrorlink.

      Delete
  17. I purchased several years ago and now I lost the folder. Can we PM so I do not have to post my email publicly?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you can send me an email or contact me from my site www.navimods.tk

      Delete
  18. Dear Kotix

    still waiting for the opera browser fix...pleeeaaaase...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kotix,

    I bought skin 4 + 5, but I have not received any updates? Can you send me the update?

    Best regards,
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  20. i need to buy RADIO EDITOR 2 and Skin editor but i didnt see purchase icon on your website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinmanager and radioeditor are included in my skinpacks.

      Delete
  21. Hello, I'm new to this, buy a multimedia equipment s160 and I would like to change the skin, but I do not understand how they are installed, how should I do ??? thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kotix,

    i tried to update the new Skinmanager and everything was OK, except the fact that after update of the SKins i cannot see any text only pictures. When i un-patch the skins i can see the text but cannot use the new features.
    Is there any workaround?
    Thanks and regards

    ReplyDelete

  23. skinmanager 6.1 for s100 C206 APP: S100-V1.3.11.0, will the mirrorlink option work? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, i would like to get the skinmanager also with d carplay skin for my S100. How can i get it? Price?
    Thanks and regards

    ReplyDelete